NANP offers three levels of membership. Click below to find the category of membership that’s right for you.
Professional Membership - $225/ $395 for two years
Professional members are those working within the nutrition profession and meet the educational standards appropriate for their role delineation.
Professional Membership is a privilege that is extended to those who have completed one of the following:
- Graduated from a NANP-approved post-graduate program, which includes: PhD in Holistic Nutrition, DSc in Holistic Nutrition Education, MS in Holistic Nutrition, MS In Health & Nutrition Education, MS in (Applied) Nutrition, Holistic Health Education Master's program with Nutrition Specialization, MS in Human Nutrition
- Graduated from a NANP-approved occupational certificate program, which includes: Diploma in Holistic Health Practice, Nutrition Consultant Certification, Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Nutritional Therapist, Naturopathic Nutrition Diploma, Diploma in Holistic Nutrition, Bachelors in Health Science, ASN in (Applied) Nutrition, Applied Holistic Nutrition Certification, Master Nutrition Therapist, Wholistic Nutrition Certification
- Hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Nutrition or related field of study from an accredited college or university
- Are board certified by the American College of Nutrition or the Clinical Nutrition Certification Board, or by the American Dietetic Association, or comparable board certification in nutrition
- Are licensed health care professionals whose scope of practice legally includes nutritional counseling and adheres to a natural or holistic model of nutrition (for example: Chiropractors, Nurses, Medical Doctors, Naturopathic Doctors).
Apply for a Professional Membership
Student Membership - $95/ $170 for two years
Is a privilege that is extended to those who are currently a student enrolled in a NANP-approved nutrition program or in a nutrition program at an accredited college or university. Proof of enrollment is required along with membership application.
Apply for a Student Membership
Associate Membership - $175/ $295 for two years
Is a privilege that is extended to those who:
- Are graduates of an occupational certification program in holistic nutrition and do not meet the educational standards for Professional membership
- Are health care professionals who use nutrition and natural food as a primary focus of their clinical or educational practice, but whose scope of practice does not legally include nutritional counseling (for example: Massage Therapists, Psychologists, Fitness Trainers, Personal Coaches.
Apply for an Associate Membership
"Registration" is not the same as being a member of the NANP. The NANP is no longer "Registering" members. Instead, we now offer the Board Exam in Holistic Nutrition.
For Professional members who wish to add to their credentials we recommend applying to sit for the exam to become Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition®. To learn more about Board Certification, please visit the Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board's website at www.hncb.org.