NANP offers three levels of membership. Click below to find the category of membership that’s right for you.
Professional Membership - $249/ $448 for two years
Professional members are those working within the nutrition profession and meet the educational standards appropriate for their role delineation.
Professional Membership is a privilege that is extended to those who have completed one of the following:
- Graduated from a NANP-approved post-graduate program, which includes: PhD in Holistic Nutrition, DSc in Holistic Nutrition Education, MS in Holistic Nutrition, MS In Health & Nutrition Education, MS in (Applied) Nutrition, Holistic Health Education Master's program with Nutrition Specialization, MS in Human Nutrition
- Graduated from a NANP-approved occupational certificate program, which includes: Diploma in Holistic Health Practice, Nutrition Consultant Certification, Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Nutritional Therapist, Naturopathic Nutrition Diploma, Diploma in Holistic Nutrition, Bachelors in Health Science, ASN in (Applied) Nutrition, Applied Holistic Nutrition Certification, Master Nutrition Therapist, Wholistic Nutrition Certification, and Natural Chef Training
- Hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Nutrition or related field of study from an accredited college or university
- Are board certified by the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (AND), the American Clinical Board of Nutrition (ACBN), the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board (ANMCB), the Certification Board for Clinical Nutrition (CBCN), the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists (BCNS), the Clinical Nutrition Certification Board (CNCB), the International & American Associations of Clinical Nutritionists (IAACN), or comparable board certification in nutrition, or are certified by the Commission on Certification of the American Association of Nutritional Consultants (AANC)
- Are confirmed members of the Federation of Nutritional Therapy Practitioners (levels 3, 4, or 5 only)
- Are licensed health care professionals whose scope of practice legally includes nutritional counseling and adheres to a natural or holistic model of nutrition (for example: Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Nurses, Medical Doctors, Naturopathic Doctors).
Student Membership - $99/ $178 for two years
Is a privilege that is extended to those who are currently a student enrolled in a NANP-approved nutrition program or in a nutrition program at an accredited college or university. Proof of enrollment is required along with membership application.
Associate Membership - $199/ $348 for two years
Is a privilege that is extended to those who:
- Are graduates of an occupational certification program in holistic nutrition and do not meet the educational standards for Professional membership
- Are health care professionals who use nutrition and natural food as a primary focus of their clinical or educational practice, but whose scope of practice does not legally include nutritional counseling (for example: Massage Therapists, Psychologists, Fitness Trainers, Personal Coaches.
Expanding Your Credentials...
For Professional members who wish to add to their credentials we recommend applying to sit for the exam to become Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition®. Click here to learn more about Board Certification.